The children have been busy making salt dough Christmas Decorations. This is a fantastic experience that incorporates concepts such as Science when measuring the ingredients, Maths when counting and Expressive arts when exploring different materials and using their senses to create their decorations. Please find the recipe below if you would like to recreate the experience at home. Enjoy!
1 cup salt
2 cups of flour
¾ cup of water
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough onto the bench and kneed with your hands until smooth and combined.
- Make your creations using the salt dough.
- Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 100C. The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the salt dough creations, approximately 3 hours.
- Allow to cool before decorating.